5 usc 1103_ functions of the director office of personnel management
(a) The following functions are vested in the Director of the Office of Personnel Management, and shall be performed by the Director, or subject to section 1104 of this title, by such employees of the Office as the Director designates:
(3) directing and supervising employees of the Office, distributing business among employees and organizational units of the Office, and directing the internal management of the Office;
(7) aiding the President, as the President may request, in preparing such civil service rules as the President prescribes, and otherwise advising the President on actions which may be taken to promote an efficient civil service and a systematic application of the merit system principles, including recommending policies relating to the selection, promotion, transfer, performance, pay, conditions of service,
tenure, and separation of employees;
(8) conducting, or otherwise providing for the conduct of, studies and research under chapter 47 of this title into methods of assuring improvements in personnel management; and
(b)(1) The Director shall publish in the Federal Register general notice of any rule or regulation which is proposed by the Office and the application of which does not apply solely to the Office or its employees. Office of personnel management Any such notice shall include the matter required under section 553(b)(1), (2), and (3) of this title.
(A) any proposed rule or regulation to which paragraph (1) of this subsection applies is posted in offices of Federal agencies maintaining copies of the Federal personnel regulations; and
(B) to the extent the Director determines appropriate and practical, exclusive representatives of employees affected by such proposed rule or regulation and interested members of the public are notified of such proposed rule or regulation.
(3) Paragraphs (1) and (2) of this subsection shall not apply to any proposed rule or regulation which is temporary in nature and which is necessary to be implemented expeditiously as a result of an emergency.
(4) Paragraphs (1) and (2) of this subsection and section 1105 of this title shall not apply to the establishment of any schedules or rates of basic pay or allowances under subpart D of part III of this title. United states office of personnel management The preceding sentence does not apply to the establishment of the procedures, methodology, or criteria used to establish such schedules, rates, or allowances.
(c)(1) The Office of Personnel Management shall design a set of systems, including appropriate metrics, for assessing the management of human capital by Federal agencies.
(2) The systems referred to under paragraph (1) shall be defined in regulations of the Office of Personnel Management and include standards for-
(F) holding managers and human resources officers accountable for efficient and effective human resources management in support of agency missions in accordance with merit system principles.
( Pub. Us office of personnel management L. Office of personnel management letter 89–554, Sept. United states office of personnel management letter 6, 1966, 80 Stat. Office of personnel management retirement operations 399; Pub. United states office of personnel management cyber intrusion L. Us office of personnel management letter 95–454, title II, §201(a), Oct. Us office of personnel management federal investigative services 13, 1978, 92 Stat. Letter from united states office of personnel management 1119; Pub. United states office of personnel management washington dc L. The office of personnel management 99–251, title III, §§301, 302, Feb. What is the office of personnel management 27, 1986, 100 Stat. United states office of personnel management retirement operations center 26; Pub. Office of personnel management oklahoma L. United states office of personnel management federal investigative services 107–296, title XIII, §1304, Nov. Us government office of personnel management 25, 2002, 116 Stat. Opm office of personnel management 2289.) Historical and Revision Notes Derivation
Standard changes are made to conform with the definitions applicable and the style of this title as outlined in the preface to the report. Us office of personnel management retirement operations center Amendments
1978- Pub. United states office of personnel management cyber security L. Office of personnel management retirement services program 95–454 substituted “Functions of the Director” for “Chairman; Vice Chairman; Executive Director” in section catchline, and in text provisions relating to the functions of the Director of the Office of Personnel Management for provisions relating to the Chairman, Vice Chairman, and Executive Director of the United States Civil Service Commission. What does the office of personnel management do Effective Date of 2002 Amendment
Pub. Arkansas office of personnel management L. Letter from us office of personnel management 107–296, title XIII, §1305, Nov. United states office of personnel management letter scam 25, 2002, 116 Stat. United states office of personnel management scam 2289, provided that: “This subtitle [subtitle A (§§1301–1305) of title XIII of Pub. Office of personnel management retirement operations phone number L. Office of personnel management operating status 107–296, enacting chapter 14 of this title, amending this section, and enacting provisions set out as a note under section 1401 of this title] shall take effect 180 days after the date of enactment of this Act [Nov. Office of personnel management opm 25, 2002].” Effective Date of 1978 Amendment
Amendment by Pub. The us office of personnel management L. United states office of personnel management retirement programs 95–454 effective 90 days after Oct. What is office of personnel management 13, 1978, see section 907 of Pub. United states office of personnel management phone number L. Us office of personnel management boyers pa 95–454, set out as a note under section 1101 of this title.