Colfax county, new mexico genealogy genealogy – familysearch wiki office of personnel management norfolk va
• Up until 1821 – New Spain controlled land that later would become New Mexico and Arizona. Office of personnel management norfolk va Some records of early settlers may have been sent to an archives in Seville, Spain, or to archives in Mexico City.
• From 1821 until 1846 – Mexico had jurisdiction over the land that later would become New Mexico and Arizona. Office of personnel management phoenix az Some records of this period may have been sent to archives in Mexico City. Office of personnel management qualifications handbook x 118c Starting in 1846 United States forces occupied New Mexico during the Mexican-American War.
• 1848 – Land that became Colfax County formally became a part of the United States when the Mexican War ended with ratification of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
Colfax County is located in northeastern New Mexico, where the plains meet the Rockies. Office of personnel management retirement operations direct deposit It was established on January 25, 1869 during the height of the New Mexico gold rush. Office of personnel management retirement operations death benefit The towns of Cimarron and Springer thrived on the many goods and services that were brought by merchants on the Santa Fe Trail. S office of personnel management Raton, the County Seat, was created at the base of Raton Pass, the highest point on the Santa Fe Trail, after the establishment of the railroad in the 1880’s.
The county encompasses 3,771 square miles of beautiful mountains, grassy plains, lakes, rivers, and geological wonders like the Raton Basin. Gill v office of personnel management The Raton Basin is known for its well-preserved exposures of the Cretaceous–Paleogene boundary (K–T boundary), showing evidence of a large meteorite impact which is believed to be the cause of the extinction of the dinosaurs. Golinski v office of personnel management The county has its roots in ranching, mining, and the railroad. United states office personnel management  Boundary Changes
For animated maps illustrating New Mexico County boundary changes, “Rotating Formation New Mexico County Boundary Maps” (1845-1981) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
An Alphabetical List of Colfax County Towns and Place Names that have undergone a name change. Office personnel management oklahoma The Older name will be listed first and generally followed by the more current name.
County Officials, Baldy, Bell, Black Lake, Blossburg, Bonito, Brackett, Brilliant, Capulin, Carlsbrook, Cerrososo. The office of personnel management opm Chico, Chicorica, Cimarron, Clifton House, Colfax, Colmor, Cunningham, Dawson, Dean, Dillon, Dorsey, Elizabeth, French, Gardiner, Gato, Harlan, Hebron, Hunt, Keota, Koehler, Koehler Junction, Lloyd, Lynn, Maxwell, Meloche, Metcalf, Miami, Nash, Otero.
Church records and the information they provide vary significantly depending on the denomination and the record keeper. Office personnel management boyers pa They may contain information about members of the congregation, such as age, date of baptism, christening, or birth; marriage information and maiden names; and death date. Oklahoma office personnel management For general information about New Mexico denominations, view the New Mexico Church Records wiki page.
Land and property records can place an ancestor in a particular location, provide economic information, and reveal family relationships. Office personnel management opm Land records include: deeds, abstracts and indexes, mortgages, leases, grants and land patents.
See New Mexico Land and Property for additional information about early New Mexico land grants. Office personnel management scam After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse and where records are currently housed.
Family History Centers provide one-on-one assistance and free access to premium genealogical websites. Office of personnel management retirement services program boyers pa In addition, many centers have free how-to genealogy classes. Office of personnel management retirement services program 1099 See Family History Center for more information. Office of personnel management retirement operations annuity Search the online FHC directory for a nearby family history center.
Local histories are available for Colfax County, New Mexico Genealogy. Office of personnel management retirement operations statement of annuity paid County histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. United states office of personnel management washington dc 20415 For more information about local histories, see the wiki page section New Mexico Local Histories.
See census enumeration precincts: Elizabeth City Precinct 1, Elizabeth City Precinct 2, or Elizabeth City Precinct 3. What is the function of the office of personnel management Or, For free census search, click here.
See census enumeration precincts: 1. Office of personnel management civil service retirement address Upper and Lower Dry Cimarron, 2. Oklahoma office of personnel management forms Chico, 3. Office of personnel management data breach letter Cimarron, 4. Office of personnel management retirement operations contact number Elizabethtown, 5. Us office of personnel management boyers pa phone number Otero, 6. Office of personnel management retirement services program phone number Rayado, 7. Us office of personnel management retirement operations Springer, 8. Us office of personnel management opm Ute Creek. Office of personnel management retirement services Or, For free census search, click here.
See census enumeration precincts: 1. Office of personnel management retirement operations boyers pa 16017 Baldy, 2. Office of personnel management boyers pa 16017 Black Lakes, 3. Us office of personnel management scam Blossburg, 4.Catskill, 5. Office of personnel management retirement services boyers pa Chico Springs, 6. United states office of personnel management retirement programs boyers pa Cimarron, 7. Office of personnel management retirement programs Cimilario, 8. United states office of personnel management scam images Colmor, 9. United states office of personnel management scam letter Dorsey, 10. Office of personnel management Elizabethtown, 11. United states office of personnel management Elkins, 12. Us office of personnel management Gardiner, 13. Office of personnel management letter Johnson Park, 14. United states office of personnel management letter Martines, 15. Office of personnel management retirement operations Maxwell, 16. United states office of personnel management cyber intrusion Mesa, 17. Us office of personnel management letter Pena Flor, 18. Us office of personnel management federal investigative services Ponel, 19. Letter from united states office of personnel management Ponil Park, 20. United states office of personnel management washington dc Raton, 21. The office of personnel management Rayado, 22. What is the office of personnel management Springer, 23. United states office of personnel management retirement operations center Trinchera. Office of personnel management oklahoma Or, For free census search, click here.
• note: The book “Translating Property – The Maxwell Land Grant and the Conflict Over Land in the American West, 1840-1900” by Maria E. United states office of personnel management federal investigative services Montoya, provides a limited preview through the page 7 link. Us government office of personnel management You may inquire at your local library for an inter-library loan. Opm office of personnel management The ISBN number for this book is ISBN 0-520-22744-1. Us office of personnel management retirement operations center Some places of interest in this book are as follows:
• 1941 – 1945 – World War II Records, 1941-1945 State Summary of War Casualties from World War II for Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard Personnel from: New Mexico
30 miles to the west of Lucien Maxwell’s ranch, Elizabethtown and Virginia City were established in the Moreno Valley close to the extensive placers and mines. United states office of personnel management cyber security Resulting in 5 million dollars of gold output between 1867 and 1872. Office of personnel management retirement services program Near these mines, “one of the richest copper mines of the world” had been established before the discovery of gold in 1867. What does the office of personnel management do page 65.
The existence of coal deposits were first officially noticed by Wislezenus, Tour of Northern New Mexico in 1848. Arkansas office of personnel management p.63 , and by Lt. Letter from us office of personnel management Colonel Emory, Notes of Military Reconnoissance of 1848, page 19. United states office of personnel management letter scam Although, travellers of The Santa Fe Trail, knew of its existence, many years prior. United states office of personnel management scam In 1865, Prof. Office of personnel management retirement operations phone number Richard Dale Owen, noted that a five foot coal bed was clearly visible from Lucien Maxwell’s hacienda and was close to the stage road. Office of personnel management operating status The survey estimated coal deposits to measure 870, 000 acres with contents of 30 billion, 805 million tons. Office of personnel management opm Coal was mined in large scale.1907, the year of greatest production, output of 1,844,550 tons was reached.
• New Mexico Online Historical Newspapers – identifies historical archived and digitized newspapers available online on both free and pay-to-access websites.
Since statehood in 1912, probate matters have been under the jurisdiction of probate courts in each county. The us office of personnel management Records of guardianship and adoption have usually been transferred to the district courts. United states office of personnel management retirement programs In 1953 the district courts were given concurrent jurisdiction with the probate court over all probate matters in each county.
The Family History Library does not have copies of the New Mexico county probate records. What is office of personnel management They are available at each county courthouse. United states office of personnel management phone number You can obtain copies by contacting the county clerk.
Content: Probate Records may give the decedent’s date of death, names of his or her spouse, children, parents, siblings, in-laws, neighbors, associates, relatives, and their place of residence.
1. Us office of personnel management boyers pa The Mountain Route went south from Trinidad, Colorado, through Raton Pass, down the slope toward the town of Cimarron. Us office of personnel management breach There was a stop on the Canadian River at the Clifton House. Us office of personnel management phone number About nine miles to the southwest the trail splits, one going to the town of rayado and the other to Cimarron. What is the us office of personnel management The Road travels on to Springer.
2. Us office of personnel management cyber intrusion The Santa Fe Trail crosses Colfax County from the eastern border of the Kiowa Grasslands near Clayton, New Mexico, and travels through the Gaine’s Cattle Ranch, then beneath the Point of Rocks Mesa, and then travels through the Gillespie Ranch, east of Springer.
New Mexico tax records complement land records and can be used to supplement the years between censuses. Office of the personnel management There may be gaps of several years in the tax records of some counties. Office of personnel and management For more information, see the Wiki page New Mexico Taxation.
• Springer: Springer Santa Fe Trail Museum and Historical Society., Mike Taylor, 606 Maxwell Ave., Springer, New Mexico, 87747. What is us office of personnel management Phone: 505-483-5554 or 505-483-0474.
Birth and death certificates are NOT issued at the Colfax County Clerk’s Office. United states office of personnel management retirement They may be obtained from one of the following locations: They CANNOT copy birth and death certificates under any circumstances.